Sad News

Well, during all these happenings, an unfortunate incident happened which literally broke my heart, as I suffered a great loss - my dearest Ammamma (maternal grandmother) passed away on Thursday, 14th of October, early morning, at 12:45am. We lost her to the deadly disease of cancer. She was always there for me since I was born and each moment I spent with her, I treasure fondly. I was hoping she would be alive to attend my wedding, as it is only a month away. But God thought otherwise, and decided to hurt all of us. I simply cannot accept the fact that she is no more as I always believed she will always be there, a witness to every important event in my life. If there was anyone with abundant compassion to every being, it is she. She never even harmed an ant; she would gently guide the ant along a different path, not wanting to kill it. And she was always smiling. I have never ever seen her get angry with anyone - not even her daughters (my mom and my three aunts). She was a strong, brave woman who always encouraged being independent and standing on one' own legs come what may and she was one of the most broadminded individuals of her time, who saw reason in everything and stuck to a practical way of living rather than a life submerged in unreasonable religious beliefs and superstitions. Every time I have stayed with her or she has visited me, she would always make my favorite kozhakattais and elai adais (a dish made with jackfruit poornam). I will always miss her, and no amount of years of her existence would be enough for us.
Ammamma, may your soul rest in peace. We will always miss you. I love you very much, and I wish you were still with us, guiding us and teaching us a lot of important things in life. I wish you had waited just for one more month. :( But atleast you saw all my wedding sarees. But you shouldn't have said that it was almost like seeing the entire wedding after seeing my sarees. :( You should have waited to see the actual event. :(

I love you Ammamma, and you will always be in my heart.
Sweet Kisses to You (Like how you always wrote in letters to us and also said to us over the phone.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment