My BFF wrote me a Testimonial in Orkut!!!

I am sure you all are aware of Orkut. The Orkut ritual goes like this:
Step 1. Create an orkut account.
Step 2. Hunt down your friends who are also in Orkut.
Step 3. Send them invites.
Step 4. Make Legal and Binding Karma Ratings Agreements - "You give me full Karma Ratings, and I give you full Karma Ratings"
Step 5. Make Legal and Binding Fan Agreements - "I'll be your fan if you're my fan"
And finally the most trying of all,
Step 6. Make Legal and Binding Testimonial Agreements - "Write me a testimonial and I shall write you one"

Steps 4 and 5 are pretty easy as you needn't use your brain or check the thesaurus for them. But the last one can be a bit tricky! A bit tricky? Its more of a process; it can take you hours to write someone a testimonial! Of course, if its going to be the usual "Hey, She's an awesome girl, very loving caring blah blah blah...Love you lots!", its going to just take you a few minutes - you only need to type it out!

But what about those testimonials, where you really think about the person you're writing for, about how they have impacted your life, and how they are special to you; where you really mean the testimonial? Those are the ones that really count as testimonials, and to write those, you cant have agreements, you just write them when you really feel like it; they come from the heart, than from the key-strokes on the keyboard.

The feeling of receiving such a heart-felt testimonial is almost equivalent from getting a million dollar diamond necklace! And I got to experience it when my best friend G wrote me a testimonial. I felt so good about it, that I wanted to badly put it up on my blog! So here's it -

Part 1
You know, this is so strange, I just got up this saturday morning, opened my laptop and started writing this. I haven't even checked my mails yet! So here goes...
[Purple Poise] is one of the sweetest friends some one can have. I feel ashmed to be writing this testimonial now-I mean, its something I should have done years ago! I've known her from our JEE coaching class days..that ushers sweet memories to me now, that was 7 years back... I remember the days when our folks at home would be so mad at us for spending hours over the phone in addition to spending hours after class, pulling each other's legs and bein total doofs! And then sharing 4 years of college life, all the crazy things we did, btw, she s really good at imitating people (best ones would be the lecturers in college and that arbit guy in kerala selling lingerie! ROTFL!) hehehe u gonna kill me for writing that here? Aww c'mon, let the world know of ur talents! :P Speaking of which, she is also an expert at "arrangements"-u knw what i mean :P

Part 2
[Purple Poise] and I always shared similar interests, probably what made us such thick pals. I'm not sayin we are alike, no, [Purple Poise] is quite unique-never met anyone like her before. I guess the best thing about her is that she never hesitates to help a friend-you can count on her and hey, this is not something I'm writing here cause its a typical testimonial format-NO! She is full of positive energy, doesn't let her spirits be dampened, she has the ability to convince people (read me) and can take things in the right stride. Now, even though we are miles apart, we still talk almost every day (even if at times its only to one another's voice mails ;)) and everything is the same-we still share the same comfort zone, absolutely at ease with each other! TOUCH WOOD!

Part 3
She is fun to be with, except for the non stop chatter-I've learnt one thing being with her-if you are over the phone with her, all you need to do is listen-she does ALLLLL the talking-jumping from topic to topic! :)
Hey I don't wanna sound trite here, signing off with a thanks-for-being-my-friend-boohoo-i-love-u crap... u know it all, don't u!
You must be like "Uh, so what? So you got a testimonial. Ha. Big Deal!" But here's what; inside you must be jealous huh?! That I am lucky to have such an awesome friend? Yeah, I know! OK, Just Kidding! Well, I felt this testimonial is very special, and I just wanted to share it; no, I'm not boasting or showing-off, I'm just expressing out to the world out there, that the testimonial that my friend wrote for me, is truly special, and I thought this was the best way I could express it!

XOXO,

Testimonial-ed 'n' Touched


P.S:
  • BFF - Best Friend Forever
  • Some of the things in the testimonial need not be true!
  • I think its time for me to update the testimonial I wrote for G!

0 comments:

Post a Comment