A Purple Spring!

"It was one of those March days when the sun shines hot and the wind blows cold: when it is summer in the light, and winter in the shade."
That is Spring for you in the words of Charles Dickens. Such simple words phrased with so much poise - Ah! Spring is indeed magical; purple!

Poetry and literature try to capture the beauty of spring in words, but even the greatest of the great poets will agree that words are not enough to express the magic in the air. This unspoken beauty didn't strike me so powerful and magical, until today.

I looked out of my patio, and saw the sunlight pouring in like golden strands of fire, and thought that it was the best day to dry my clothes out. So I packed my unwashed clothes, and opened my front door to go to the Laundry Room of our residential complex, to be embraced by a cool breeze; cool enough to make a tiny chill run down my spine. Should I really wash my clothes then? I walked past the other townhouses in the row, coming out of the shadow thrown by the houses, to be basked in the sunlight, the same sunlight that had urged me to wash my clothes! The cool breeze, reluctant to let me go from its chilly grasp, engulfed me once again, and now, I was back in the shade. Wow! One moment I wanted to hug myself to feel warm, and the next moment, I wanted to dab a huge amount of sunblock!

I went into the laundry room, and put my clothes into the washer, and started walking back to my house, when I decided to take a quick stroll within the residential area; I don't usually do this, but something urged me to do so, today. With every step I took, a new feeling kept rushing into me, in so many dimensions. It was getting warmer and cooler; I was feeling tired and rejuvenated; I was happy and sad, because I couldn't be happier; I wanted to just run and skip about and scream like a kid, letting myself go, and I wanted to contain myself, and just revel in the moment silently, all by myself...

So many feelings, so many emotions, so many moods... all at one. And that is when mother nature spoke to me, in her magical tone, enunciating the poise in her way of doing things. Truly purple; a mixture of red and blue - the hot and cold - the sunny and the chilly.

A purple spring, indeed, bursting out with poise that can not be seen, heard, or said; but only felt!

XOXO,

Enthralled 'n' Enchanted

0 comments:

Post a Comment