Purple digs the New Macbook!

Finally, an actual post that isn't a recipe! I guess you might be tired seeing just recipes! I have some good news and bad news to share with you guys.

First, the bad news. My old laptop, a HP Tablet PC stopped working! :( It just wouldn't switch on! :(

The good news:
I bought a new laptop! And it isn't just some laptop, it is the new Macbook Aluminium!

Since I started working with Macs, I've loved it; well, one of the places where I work, I've been given an iMac workstation, and the other place, a Macbook itself! Mac seems to be all about the user interface! It was difficult to adjust in the beginning, after 20 years of using Windows, it would take a considerable amount of time to switch to a "no-Start-Menu-and-no-ctrl-with-command-key" system! And I needn't wait for hours for the laptop to boot up. Its quick and easy! And as Macs come with Apache built in, I can host my own website, WOW! Take a look at the specs and a video and several impressive pictures at the Apple Macbook site.

The minute I decided to buy it, I went to the Chandler Fashion Center, rushed to the Apple store, checked out a demo there, and then, Kaching! On their side, though! Hehe! Thanks to the discount I got through ASU, an impressive Macbook was in my hands for an affordable price; the mac was worth it! It was only after I bought the Mac that I started admiring the ambience of the mall! I was that crazy about the Mac!

Now, about the mall, I went quite late, around 7:30pm, so didn't have enough time to check out most of the places, but I did watch the musical fountains there. I stood there for a purple moment - the fountain swaying and dancing to the cadence of the music, and inside me, there were purple butterflies dancing about, in a shiny purple background, hey, it was the purple (both in color and in a magical sense) background of a Mac desktop!

I was so immersed in the moment, that I didn't realize that the "moment" was actually an entire span of 20 minutes! I didnt know if there were people around me, or if anyone saw me, or if anyone thought I was autistic - my face had a big grin and I was apparently staring into a faraway galaxy, indeed, the background image of the Mac! I didn't care. To me all that mattered was the macbook! So deep and intense is my love for it, that I put away blogging for two days; I wanted to spend all my time with my macbook!

Aah... Talking about it makes me miss it soooooo much! I need to get back to my mac and spend time with it!

Oh, before I leave, here is one pretty flower arrangement I saw at the mall. Thought I'll take a picture and share it with you guys!

XOXO,

Mac-ed 'n' Mesmerized.

4 comments:

MattMatt said...
Friday, March 13, 2009 5:57:00 AM

wow!!! finally a change in te topic.... but WHAT A CHANGE!!! from recipes to electronics to wat else??? well, i guess the sky is the limit for u.... well have fun mac-ing...

Purple Poise said...
Friday, March 13, 2009 12:43:00 PM

thank u! well, its a blog, a purple n poise blog! :) what more can you expect? stay tuned for more variety! ;)

Anonymous said...
Monday, March 16, 2009 10:25:00 AM

realy a-mac-eing :)
could have tried for a purple mac ;)am just a starter nw.havin a plan to subscribe.

Purple Poise said...
Monday, March 16, 2009 7:07:00 PM

Thanks!
Well, unfortunately, Macs come only in two colors - black or white. And the new one that I bought comes only in silver!!!! But luckily, the default desktop background in am image of a purple sky with stars!!!
Also, thank you for considering subscription to my blog! :D

Post a Comment