A new purple beginning!

Finally! I made it! So many of my friends asked me to start my journey in Blogosphere, and so here I am! There's a story behind how I started, though.

It was a lazy Thursday afternoon. I had just had my lunch - Onion Uthappam with Tomato Chutney, yes, I made them myself, except that I used a ready-made batter for the Uthappam. I was sitting on my red papasan chair, comfortably settled, and browsing through the world wide web with so many mixed thoughts in my head, and it suddenly occurred to me, why not weave a blog of my own?!

The next big moment was The Naming Ceremony! I was wondering what to name my blog. I wanted it to sound kind of dramatic - perhaps the influence of the drama in my life - and I also wanted it to relate to my life in the best possible way. I also wanted it to have a color's name in it, and the first color that popped in my mind was Purple! I knew purple meant royalty - I've always dreamt of marrying a prince - and for some reason, I always thought there was something magical about purple, and lo, what did the Google Magic Wand give me? What purple symbolizes! Here's what it said:

"Purple is the color of good judgment. It is the color of people seeking spiritual fulfillment. It is said if you surround yourself with purple you will have peace of mind. Purple is a good color to use in meditation.
Purple has been used to symbolize magic and mystery, as well as royalty. Being the combination of red and blue, the warmest and coolest colors, purple is believed to be the ideal color. Most children love the color purple. Purple is the color most favored by artists. Thursday's color is purple."
And hey! Today is Thursday! The day I was completely motivated to start blogging! And know what? I am wearing a purple tops! I know, lame! But hey, cut me some slack! I'm a newbie blogger!

Okay, now I'll go on to the "Poise" part of it. I wanted the name to have a grace element to it, and so poise, also because it begins with "P", same as purple! I know, I know. You're like "Duh...."

What I intend to mean by "Purple Poise" is that, well, its a bit complicated. So here goes. I use purple to mean magical. One interpretation can be, that life, amidst all the ups and downs, still is graceful, magically! So, it isn't really graceful (You've heard of "life is tough") but is made graceful by some sort of magic, and this magic is nothing but the different elements of life itself. In short, life is poised, in spite of being tough, because of the toughness itself, which is unexplainable, thus magical or mysterious! What is life without all the drama in it?! So, get it? Another interpretation would be, it is somewhat similar to the first one, life is charming - there you go, charming has a bit of magic in it, and a bit of grace in it! So, graceful life is magical, poised life is purple, and hence, Purple Poise!

So that is the "magical" story behind the name of my blog!

Hmm... Here comes a weird phrase from the top of my head - Life is a magical phenomenon! Hehe!! I know, an oxymoron, sounds weird and makes no sense, yet makes sense!

Okay, I'm moving to the next part - setting up the layout. Honestly, it took me 4 hours to decide on a template, customize the colors and finally save the settings! I just couldn't make up my mind! But at any cost, I wanted to publish my blog. And so, I've set up this template; I tried to get a purple one, but couldn't find one, and I was too lazy to write a CSS of my own. So, in the near future, hopefully, I should upload my own template.

After I got the settings done, I sat down to write a post, when it was time to cook - it was my cooking turn. I made "Keerai Sambhar" (Spinach Sambhar) and Beans Poduthuval (or Poriyal). And it was time to eat! And finally, I started writing this first post, and now, its time to sign off!

So here is my blog, and it is here to stay, with Purple Poise!

XOXO,

Excited 'n' Exhausted.

6 comments:

Madhu said...
Friday, March 06, 2009 2:35:00 PM

welcome to the world of blogging :)

Unknown said...
Saturday, March 07, 2009 12:02:00 AM

Its very nice thanks for the receipe, keep posting

SH'OUT'cast said...
Saturday, March 07, 2009 8:34:00 AM

Hey good posts there... keep it up. youre doing great!

LVS said...
Sunday, March 08, 2009 8:48:00 PM

welcome to blog'o.

was that the real story or one spun around the name? :P

Purple Poise said...
Sunday, March 08, 2009 8:53:00 PM

well, that is the real story. I have my roommate to vouch for me! moreover, i intend to be as truthful to the blog as can be!

Post a Comment